- About Us
Welcome to The 2015 Building Resilient Communities Convergence
The Building Resilient Communities Convergence, at the beautiful Solar Living Institute, brings together the best of the Northern California Permaculture Convergence and the Northern California Regional Transition Network Conference for a dynamic and engaging weekend designed to build a powerful movement for community resilience.
Whether you are a seasoned permaculturalist, green business entrepreneur festival goer, sustainability enthusiast, or just excited to enjoy a weekend of fantastic people, good music, food, campfires and opportunities to learn about new ways of living in thriving resilience with people and the planet… there is something at this Convergence for you!
What’s the Convergence All About?
A Few of Our Presenters
Joel Salatin – Renowned Farmer, Author, Speaker; Polyface Farms
|Bryant Terry – Award-winning Chef, Educator, Author||Starhawk – Renowned Global Justice Activist, Author, Teacher|
THURSDAY EVENING – OCT 8
Sweet Medicine & The Dogon Lights
FRIDAY EVENING – OCT 9
Sol Horizon & BOLO
SATURDAY EVENING – OCT 9
Luminaries & DJ Dragonfly
SUNDAY EVENING – OCT 11
The Ultimate Permaculture Passion Show!
Why You Should Join Us!
- World renowned Activists and Visionaries
- The best of Community Organizing
- Internationally acclaimed Permaculture Designers
- Climate, Land & Water
- Equitable Economy & Sustainable Business
- Leadership, Community Organizing, & Capacity Building
- Skill Shares & Appropriate Technology
- Social Justice, Education, & Culture
- Home & Neighborhood Resiliency
- Inner Resilience & Social Permaculture
- Embodiment Practices
- We are working hard to bring in some of the extraordinary change-makers building resilience in diverse communities
- Youth will have their own programming
- Childcare available for parents of young kids
- Your New Business Partner
- The Next Step on your journey of finding right livelihood
- Your Next Job
- New Connections & Friends
- Our model resilient community market place with vendors, non-profits, and more
- Experience local cuisine, a delicious community dinner and then enjoy fantastic music
Why Are We Doing This Convergence?
We hope you will join us in working together in making a more resilient future possible, and have a great time in the process!