- About Us
- Sponsors and Partners
- 2013 Convergence
Welcome to The 2015 Building Resilient Communities Convergence
The Building Resilient Communities Convergence, at the beautiful Solar Living Institute, brings together the best of the Northern California Permaculture Convergence and the Northern California Regional Transition Network Conference for a dynamic and engaging weekend designed to build a powerful movement for community resilience.
Whether you are a seasoned Permaculturalist, Hardcore Community Organizer, or just excited to learn about a new ways of living in thriving resilience with people and the planet, there is something at this conference for you!
Why Are We Doing This Convergence?
A Few of Our Keynotes
Joel Salatin, a full-time, 3rd generation farmer from Polyface Farms – which has has been featured in SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, GOURMET and countless other radio, television and print media, is a sought-after conference speaker and acclaimed author who addresses a wide range of issues, from “creating the farm your children will want” to “making a white collar salary from a pleasant life in the country.” Read More.
Bryant Terry is an Award-winning chef, educator, and author renowned for his activism to create a healthy, just, and sustainable food system. Bryant presents frequently around the country as a keynote speaker at community events and colleges, including Brown, Columbia, NYU, Smith, Stanford, and Yale. Bryant is the host of Urban Organic—a multi-episode web series that he co-created—and he was a co-host of the public television series, The Endless Feast. Read More.
Starhawk is one of the most respected voices in modern earth-based spirituality. She is a committed global justice activist, organizer, speaker, teacher, and the author or coauthor of 12 books, whose work and writings have inspired many to action, including the now-classic ecotopian novel The Fifth Sacred Thing and her newest book The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups. Read More.
And Many More!
Why You Should Join Us!
- World renowned Activists and Visionaries
- The best of Community Organizing
- Internationally acclaimed Permaculture Designers
- Aquaponics, Mushrooms, Urban Homestead Design and More
- Community Organizing and New Economy Best Practices
- Healing ourselves and our community
- We are working hard to bring in some of the extraordinary change-makers building resilience in diverse communities
- Youth will have their own programming
- Childcare available for parents of young kids
- Your New Business Partner
- Your next Permaculture Design Course
- Your Next Job
- Bioregional breakout sessions
- Our model resilient community market place with vendors, non-profits, and more
- Experience local cuisine, a delicious community dinner and then enjoy fantastic music